Saturday, August 22, 2009

Thought of the morning

I was sent a long list of generalizations about women that men hate as a humorous email forward. There were a couple of questions that men hate and I just thought I would pose the observation that I have been stewing over.

The one that stuck out the most was when a woman asks a man if she looks fats.

Now the response given in the email was that we as women should never ask a man this question. Too true, but the women actually should ask is "do you like me the way I am." Ultimately, we don't ask this question because the resulting answer, if it's no, is not an answer that we want to hear. The guy just comes off as heartless if he says no. If he says yes and he means no, you have bigger issues at stake. The point is one rhetorical question is posed in the hopes of receiving an expected answer back and you have no control over that rhetorical question.

I guess it comes down to, don't ask a question you don't know the answer to.

No comments: